Monday, June 18, 2007

Where to One to One?

Getting to know someone better is what it's all about! One of the best ways to do that is by meeting with another person one to one. Usually we think about doing this at a meal, or maybe at a coffee shop.

Megan Coyle Stamos, a Pre-arrangment Planner, for the family-owned Coyle Funeral Home in Toledo, OH, put a little twist on it. She called and asked me if I'd like to meet her at the "Let's Dish" business where we would combine the prepared ingredients for meals. I am a customer of "Let's Dish" so I know how much fun it would be.

Megan had registered in advance and had chosen the four entrees we would put together. With two people it goes like clockwork, with one person adding one line of the recipe and the second person adding the next. Megan laughed at me because she said that I was all business. I had to admit that when I have a task at hand, I am very much a "what's next" type of person.

In less than an hour, we had the four entrees, assembled, packaged and ready to go. Let's Dish has a side area where people can go and chit-chat between entrees if they need to res AND if they are less driven than I am. So after we got the job done, Megan and I sat, had some lemonade and talked for about a half hour.

The conversation had no huge aha's, but we did talk sales techniques and that was where I admitted that I probably lived a previous life as Rosie the Riveter where I was the star of the assembly line! So instead of getting together and eating, we conversed while we created food. A nice twist on the one to one.

What's the best one to one setting you've had with someone besides a restaurant?

No comments: