Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Attention Grabber


Really, I get so tired of people saying, "I can't focus on one industry because I've tried it and it just doesn't work." So they bump along the bottom of the river like a carp, taking care of whatever falls down to their level.

Sometimes it's good, and sometimes it's not so good.

This week I was meeting with one of my new BNI chapter members. She happens to be a copier sales person. In a passing comment she mentioned to me that in her short time with her company that she had sold one of the electronic filing systems.

Knowing that the price tag makes it a major purchase, I was just curious as to which law firm or CPA firm she had cracked.

Wasn't that at all. It was a medium-sized, local trucking firm.

The amazing part was that she hadn't thought about calling on other transportation companies.

Until I asked.

Additionally, I have three people to introduce her to. A CPA; an occupational, health-testing company sales person and a financial planner. They also, all have truckers as customers. The four of them are going to get together as a group very soon to see how they can help each other.

What can I say but, they set themselves up for success when they each told me that they work and want to work with more trucking companies.

Do you have anything to add to this, either for or against this concept?

No comments: