Sunday, March 11, 2007

Mangrove Meditation

As I mentioned in my last post before taking off for vacation, it takes two days of travel to arrive at our destination. Part of that trip is through a mangrove swamp where it sort of reminded me of an an illustrationTim Burton would have used in the dark Nightmare Before Christmas. The many tree roots are high above water level and all interwoven. They also seem to reach down forever. I was sitting there in the boat, still having my business mind in gear (which soon evaporated!) I looked up at the one main trunk and realized how it signified one person and the support each of us receives from the network foundation so very similar to those roots. Those trunks thrive because the above and below water roots feed them all their needs.

No comments: