Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Ultimate Tribute

I have to tell ya'.

I have some pretty amazing people in my life.

This past Wednesday evening, there was an event in Toledo to celebrate the book, Masters of Sales, being published. I am a contributing author to that book. So the event could have been a boring book signing, but no, a committee of wonderful friends knew that I would like something bigger (and less focused on me) than that.

With that said, what you need to know is that Sandy Pirwitz, Sandy's Stuff for Women,

and her committee of Leasa Maxx, Maxx Grafx;
Linda Kuns, State Farm Insurance;
Merri Bame
, Breaking Down Barriers;
Lisa Laskey, Image.com
Ellen Critchley, Critchley Creative and
Anita Dotson
, Corporate Intelligence Consultants designed an evening to celebrate literacy.

Sandy and the team knew that I hold literacy very dearly in my heart and that I also collect children's books. (I also give only books to my grandchildren for all birthdays and holidays.)

So instead of the evening being barely palatable by the attendees, it was an evening where we were raising money for two libraries and also a center that has children's literacy programs. In addition, each attendee received not one, but two copies of the Masters book -- one to keep and one to give.

It all put some electricity into the air.

But let me tell you more about this event another day!

Just know that I think the team excelled in this project and as the numbers are being finalized, it looks like the charitable money goals are going to be realized.

It couldn't be a better tribute.

Thanks to all who made it happen.

1 comment:

Gregg MacMillan said...

Congratulations on a successful event for a great cause! Can't wait to hear more about it.