Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?

Friday was a banner day.

There were several reasons.

I taught a BNI Membership Success class of 22 people in Findlay and then right after that an additional class for the second half of MSP, which we in NW Ohio call Success Track II.

After that, I also delivered a preview for my business Certified Networker. It was a really good session.

But those were NOT the high points of my day.

You see, my wedding ring had been missing for two or three weeks.

When I get home at night, I usually take it off, so that I don't dig around in the garden getting it dirty.

Sometimes I forget and then later in the evening, I'll remove it and set it on the end table beside my chair. The stone sets up high and it tends to catch on the upholstery fabric.

So now you have the story. And I'm sure any married women (or man) understands that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, knowing that I've lost something very symbolic of the marriage.

I was sure it was in the house, but it had found a good hiding place.

Friday morning, very early, I found it!!!!!!!!! Yep, I pulled out a necklace that I hadn't worn in awhile. I keep my "costume" jewelry in little plastic bags to help reduce the damage they'd get from rubbing into each other. Out from the bag dropped both the necklace and the ring.

Yea!

My intuition was so strong about the ring being in the house, that I didn't even consider it lost or stolen. I'm pretty good with my intuition, not only with jewelry but also with people. Ever so often I'm wrong about people and then I'm glad that there are others out there who can open my mind. I'm glad I was right about my ring!

Sigh!

What's the worst thing that you've lost or misplaced?

4 comments:

Cheryl Engfer said...

Whew! I'm so glad you found it!!! When my son Austin was 2 1/2 I couldn't find my wedding set. Its the traditional set with engagement and wedding band, but then we've added on to it with a 1 and 5 year anniversary band. I don't know what made Austin think to do this but for whatever reason he threw them behind our TV (console). My rings were missing a good 2-3 weeks and I honestly could not think of what happened to them! Low and behold on a "spring cleaning" i was moving all the furniture to clean and I found my rings! Who would've thought--to this day I have no idea why he did it, only he knows.

Now for my husband, his story is similiar ...sort of....similiar in our son (same one) Austin 2 years ago--he is now 14, so 2 years ago, decided he wanted to wear his dads ring--god only knows---he lost it! Go figure. Luck would have it some weeks later, Mark was out picking up the yard---we have a golden retreiver are ya followin me? In a pile he saw something shiny, the sun was catching just the right spot so he bent down and took a look and it was his WEDDING RING! Now my husband thought to himeself, I will let this soak in a little cap of bleach to clean it good, because he wasn't going to wear it right out of the poop! LOL So clean it good he did.....I found it on the back of our laundry tub and said "what is this black thing on the back of the tub?" My husband says "oh baby, that's my wedding ring I found in the dogs poop, is it clean?" I said "its clean alright and blacker than the tires on my car!" Needless to say I bought Mark a new wedding ring :)

Debby said...

That story is much more creative than mine. And a shameful little secret to add to the story, I took a small kitchen knife out to the garden during that time to cut a head of cabbage and that is also lost. For a couple days there I was really feeling pretty stupid, like the goofy truck needed to come get me!

Louise Kahle said...

My mind has been lost many times. It finds it's way back, but only to wander again.

Sandy of Sandy's Stuff for Women said...

My "lost ring" story is about Mary Johnson, a woman I worked with years ago in Cleveland. I admired her ring one day and she told me she was on a cruise ship admiring another woman's ring and asked her where she got it because she wanted to replace one she used to have that was just like it.

The woman said, "Well, you won't believe it, but we were on vacation a few years ago and I found it in the sand on the beach in the Caribbean."

Mary asked, "That didn't happen to be in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, did it?"

Yep, you guessed it. The woman on the cruise had found the ring Mary had lost on that beach. Ring was returned to its rightful owner.