Sunday, April 15, 2007

Outta Here Networking

This post was originally scheduled for Friday of this past week. My friend Lynda Goodremont needed to be acknowledged on that day. Instead you are seeing this post now.

Last Thursday was a networking delicious day.

As I mentioned in Thursday's post, I arranged to meet Aaron Stykemain at the open house that Ohio Rehabilitation Services Commission had in Toledo. My contact, Annie Hawley, is a very smart young business woman. She is in the right business, because she truly knows how to help people.

She introduced me to her boss, Bob Wegman. I in turn intro'd him to Aaron, explaining to Bob that Aaron was thinking about starting a wheelchair repair business and didn't know if it would be a viable business.

Bob engaged with Aaron immediately. He mentioned several people that he would introduce Aaron to next week, gave him several other ideas of types of people to talk to and generally put himself out to be of assistance. When Aaron and I walked into another room, Aaron stopped in awe and said, "That was amazing."

Yeah, when people think about others first, just like Bob did, it stops people in their tracks.

Bob, thank you for being such an alright guy Thursday. You made my day.

Who has made your day recently?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey debby, just wanted to thank you for all your help. my emotional ride for this business quest has been roller coaster-ish. however, after the meet up with several people that took an interest in what i want to do, i am feeling confident again. talking with people made me realize the importance of networking. e-mails were not working and neither was my internet research. so far, wen has been the best move i've ever made. thanks again for reaching out to me and making a difference!

Angie Weid said...

Debby,

I would love to meet Aaron, too! I am already thinking a people I would like to make introductions for him.

Aaron--welcome to the wonderful world of networking!!

Enjoy!!