Friday, April 06, 2007

Guy's Advice

Okay, I'm frustrated. I still can't trackback to make comments. Okay, I have that out of my system.

I just read Guy Kawasaki's most recent post about getting the attention of venture capitalists.

IT IS A MUST READ, NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO.

The advice Guy gives can be used in most sales situations, especially where the sales person is trying to get an audience with those in power of a large company. Just as the inventor is wanting the venture capitalist to invest their money in an idea, the sales person is trying to get the purchasing agent to invest the money in the product or service of the the company she represents.

Guy's information is brilliantly simple: introductions, introductions, introductions. And please make the introduction a first-generation introduction. So if you don't know the people you need to know, then work on that first!

I don't want to paraphrase what Guy has already written, just go there and read it for yourself.

Then come back and tell me how you will adapt his stuff for your career.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To me, Guy is saying, "be authentic;" If you're not the real deal, don't bother. And, if you want to get an audience with the head honcho you need to be significantly credible with people who know her/work for her too. It's worthwhile to invest time to develop profitable relationships.