Monday, March 02, 2009

Is it Gender or Not?

Ivan Misner, Chairman of BNI (Business Network International) is in the process of writing a book about the differences in the way men and women network. You can participate in a survey that will help create the results in the book. Go to here to do it.

I think it should be interesting to find out what, if any, differences exist.

While, in general, it seems that men are more bottom line oriented -- is that just a fallacy? Is it really just a certain personality trait, rather than gender trait.

I must tell you that when I called on CPAs in the Detroit area during much of the '80s and '90s, most of the people I called on and networked with were of the male gender. I found a wide cross-section of networkering types, even though you would certainly clump male and accountant into the bottom line type.

What is your experience?

No comments: