Thursday, March 05, 2009

Controlling the Situation

Tonight I went to a networking event at the downtown Tony Packos restaurant and it was really a happening time. What I really liked about this evening was that I had a guest and I also only had limited time to spend at the event.

Because I had a guest, my goal was to introduce him to as many helpful people as possible. Now, I have to tell you that he wasn't shy at all and probably didn't need my help, but still I had a job to do. You see, I don't ever feel comfortable at such networking situations unless I do have a JOB!

Second, because I could only stay for an hour, I made the best use of the time, talking with a few people for myself and also making sure that I got in all the intros I wanted to do before I left.

There you have it -- give me a job and a short amount of networking time to keep me happy.

What do you do to help you relax at networking events?

No comments: