Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Three or One, Which is Better?

This morning I drove south to Findlay before our ice storm hit. I attended the chamber's monthly Fresh Brewed event. It is a combo of both networking and information. Since I am attempting to get to know that community better, it is a great place for me.

One thing they do at this event which I don't really like, is about midway through the event they tell everyone to get up and "trade cards with three people they've not met."

For me that is like hearing fingernails screech on the blackboard. (I know, some of you don't know what those are!)

You see, I'd rather talk with one person during that short, three minute period.

And that's what I did today.

The lady I sat with was someone I had not yet met, so I got half of it right. We intro'd ourselves to each other. She owns a gift shop on Main St and she mentioned that she has toys and table linens. As a grandma, I wanted to see what she had. I also happen to love tablecloths.

After Fresh Brewed and another appointment, I crossed Main St and entered her shop, DorAnne's Gifts & Gourmet. Oh boy! The puppets are to die for, the color saturated tablecloths are unbelievable, but let me tell you about the purses. There were just three on display and I want all three. I didn't buy any today, but I will be in Findlay each Tuesday teaching a Certified Networker class, so I may be in "trouble!"

I'm glad I didn't follow the directions this morning.

What rules have you broken this week and did it work to your advantage?

No comments: