Sunday, January 06, 2013

What's My Plan????

Michelle Schenk in background
I love to learn and Shannon Benge and Michelle Schenk, owners of Beyond Business, are helping me to do that.  Their company helps small businesses to address all their marketing needs, especially in the social media arena.

On the first Friday of the month they are having a FREE hour long discussion of various marketing topics, focusing on just one for each session.  This past Friday is was on Marketing Strategies and how to think of that concept.  They have a unique knack of being able to take a complex subject like this and put it into extremely simple terms so people like me can understand it!

Shannon says that the reason many people don't follow a strategic marketing plan is that they are too complex.  She recommends having no more than 5 measurables. But most important, they both reinforced that writing stuff down means that it will probably get done.

So you all know that one of my strategies this year is to meet with two new people per week  Just putting it in this blog gets it published.  I also have our course previews and graduations all set, because they have to get on the calendar in advance.  I am going to post to this blog at least 12 times per month.  So that's three.  I'm am trying to determine if I need to add more and in my gut, I think I do.

I'll keep ya' posted.  

And if you are in the Toledo area and would like to participate, contact Shannon and Michelle through their website.  I've provided the link above.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.