Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Wow! I Didn't Know That About You!

There's nothing like being in a car for several hours to get to know those people better!

Yesterday, I spent five hours driving from Toledo to Lombard (Chicago) with Megan Coyle Stamos, her dad, Joe Coyle and Josie Freeman. All three were heading to the session for funeral pre-planners that I am presenting at.

Josie and I sat in the back for the trip.

I have met with Josie over coffee previously, but I didn't get the flavor of her humor then. What I found out yesterday is that she is smart, funny, persistent and has resources that support her success. When we got close to Chicago and wanted a good place to eat, Josie called her sister and then was able to direct us immediately. She even knew exactly where to park.

I am really happy that I got this opportunity to get to know the REAL Josie.

What methods have you found that help you to find out the personality nuances of business friends?

1 comment:

Sandy of Sandy's Stuff for Women said...

In addition to traveling with people in a car for hours, sharing a room with them overnight (or longer) really gives you a great opportunity to know someone better. You not only get to talk and share, but you also get a closeup view of some of their habits that you might not otherwise discover.

(Don't worry, Debby, I won't reveal any of your secrets.)