Thursday, May 15, 2008

To Be a Woman

I am listening to Khaled Hosseini's second book, "A Thousand Splendid Suns." I only have three discs to go and I can't wait for it to be done.

The inhumanity in this story is crushing. The story set in Afghanistan chronicles the brutality dealt to two women whose only crime is to be a woman. They are guilty of all because another person says so. I was even crushed further when the date of the story was given as 1994, only fourteen years ago. And yet this past Sunday there was an article in our paper that detailed the lives of women in Afghanistan. They are not much better today.

When will the truly evil people of the world be dealt back what the deliver?

I am so sad that I cannot help any of these women directly.

Sorry about the downer post. Perhaps if we bring more light on the matters of brutality of women, the world community will take action.

PS I do know lots of good men, so this is not about all men being evil, just some. And I'm sure that there are just as many evil women.

No comments: