Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Tidbit From the Conference

I was lucky enough to hear Bob Burg, author of Endless Referrals and most recently The Go-Giver, speak at the BNI US National Conference last week in Orlando. He was a great speaker in both the information he delivered and also the manner of delivery.

One tiny bit of info that I will begin to use immediately is a question he suggested we use while networking. After meeting someone new ask,

"How will I know if I've met someone that will be helpful to you?"

Isn't that great????!!!!

If forces the other person to be responsible for purposeful input to the conversation. It certainly will make that person think and probably remember you.

How would you answer the above question? Remember, it's got to be short and sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT QUESTION!

Thanks for sharing. I will be asking this in the future and I will be working on my answer.