Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Flagging Your Interest

One last memory from vacation.

Okay, okay, I know that I've been home for over two weeks, but I've been so busy that it just seems like yesterday.

Coming around a curve in McMurray, PA, just before the 4th of July, I saw this flag representation. It caught my eye, being so different. I had never seen one like this before. I don't know if the owner made it, or was able to purchase it. But that really doesn't matter in this post. What does matter is that on the way back out of town, I made sure to have my camera at ready so that I could snap the picture. It drew me back.

What about you draws people back? When I bump into you the first time at a networking event, what makes you memorable? What makes me still remember you two weeks later. That is what everyone needs to know because being just one of the crowd will make you fade into the distance.

Now, my friend Angie Weid, who owns Organized Solutions, an organization company, labels herself as a rocket scientist. And that she is! Her engineering degree is from Purdue. That makes her stand out.

What makes you stand out?

3 comments:

Sandy of Sandy's Stuff for Women said...

Probably my big mouth. That can be good or bad. But it is what it is.

Anonymous said...

I need to be better about standing out -- in some fashion, preferably a positive one! ;)
I suppose I still have a touch of shyness left over from childhood. It's annoying, so I just try to keep chopping it down -- or smothering it -- or just plain ignoring it.

Angie Weid said...

The Rocket Scientist here :)

I cannot tell you how great it is to FINALLY enjoy being a rocket scientist.

To all out there, play up your uniqueness. It is so much fun!!