Thursday, June 08, 2006

It’s a small, small world!

One responsibility of being a member of the Board of Action for the Women’s Entrepreneurial Network, is to select one new member per month and just call them to welcome them to WEN. So many times when people join an organization, it seems as if the check just goes into a black hole. WEN actively tries to be the friendliest group in town. One way is the important welcome calls.

I just picked a name at random the other morning at the meeting. Lisa Goodell is with Midwest Mortgage. We chatted for quite awhile, and then as we were ending the conversation, I said that I didn’t think we had ever met, but that I would be looking for her at the next WEN lunch meeting. Lisa said, “Well, actually we have met before, but you probably don’t remember.” (She was right!) Three years ago we both attended a meeting of the Women’s Council of Realtors at the Toledo Zoo, and both of us volunteered to sell 50/50 raffle tickets that day. Lisa’s name has changed since then, so I guess that lets me off the hook, but she has a better memory than I do.

Do you have trouble remembering people you have met in the past? What do you do to help cement them into your memory?


No comments: