Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Above and Beyond with Master Mind

Friday last week, was the normal monthly Master Mind meeting. Usually when I meet with this great group of women, I have a business challenge I want to discuss, but this time was different. You see, my cats had decided to use several upholstered chairs at my house for a litter box, and I was pretty distraught because the odor in the house, even though the chairs had been removed was pretty awful. I just needed to vent (in more ways than one!).

The night before I had spent time washing all the baseboards and up the walls with a bleach solution. I had also taken all the slip covers off the furniture and washed them, even if they had not been a target of the cats. The crew that came to clean and deodorize the chairs, told me that the odor attaches to dust particles and that is why it is so difficult to get rid of. MASTER MIND TO THE RESCUE.

One member, Merri Bame, reminded me that I had purchased an enzyme spray from another BNI member, to help with the stinky dog odor in our home. (It sure does seem to be a theme here.) Until she reminded me, I had totally forgotten about this stuff. Another member, Cathy Skiver, offered to lend me her room purifier unit. Wow! We had guests coming for the weekend on Saturday morning, so I spent Friday night spraying the enzyme stuff, and cleaning as much dust as I could. I borrowed the electronic air cleaner early Saturday morning. The house smells a lot better; I only catch a whiff of a bad odor ever so often. I'll just have to keep working on that dust thing!

What's the worst catastrophe you've had to deal with before guests have arrived at your house?

No comments: