Sunday, March 03, 2013

Debby Doesn't Do Tech...Well

I am the first to tell you that technology is not my friend!  I do love some aspects of it (this blog for one) but some of it just mystifies me.  And when I ask for help, I am lucky enough to get it, but the tech-happy people help me do whatever it is that I want to do so quickly, that I don't get to learn how to do it.

Right now I am trying to figure out why my wireless mouse doesn't work.  Yes, I put new batteries in it and it just sits there.  Also, my i-Pad is not being recharged each night as it has in the past.  This morning I only had 20% of the charge after being plugged in all night.  And the mouse and the i-Pad sit next to each other on my desk.  It is just a rebellion? 

What's this got to do with networking?  Nothing!

What it does remind me is that for me networking is easy.  I have it down pat -- or at least I think I know what I'm doing.  I have to remember that for some folks this is an entirely foreign language.  I have to deliver short bursts of helpful information slowly. 

Nothing earth shaking, just a good "aha" on the Sunday afternoon.

No comments: