Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Monkeys

Yesterday I attended the Milestones luncheon, the annual event that acknowledges seven top women in the community. Ann Baker, Director of the Toledo Zoo was one of those recognized. Ann's acceptance speech was very short and to the point AND so very right on.

Early in her career, she studied monkeys. She related that when male monkey approach adolescence, they leave the group and move from group to group. Just the opposite the young females stay with their group. Ann said, "Their success is directly related to the relationships they can build within the group. Those that do it better are more successful." She smiled and said that she thinks that's very indicative of today's women who make connections and builds those bridges.

Thanks, Ann, for the reminder of what is important.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A great correlation, I like it and believe that it is indeed true. I have personally experienced this within the last three years and contribute my success to the strong relationships that I have made here in NW Ohio. I absolutely love being a part of this community!