Friday, February 15, 2008

On Point!

While I was away, I missed a Leadership Toledo day -- this being culture day. I was disappointed to not be here, but have gotten a report on the day from both Erika Harris and Brad Augustyniak.

Brad told me that he appreciated the time they spent with the young ballerina in the morning. "Now, don't get me, wrong, it didn't make me want to be a part of the ballet scene, but I did come away with a greater appreciation for what it takes to be a ballerina." He was amazed at all the time it took to get to the proficiency that this dancer exhibited and he was totally taken aback about the dancing shoes.

Brad said, "Did you know that professional ballerina's change their ballet slippers every three days or so whereas the students can use theirs for three or four weeks? And each pair costs $80!"

I am sorry that I was not able to see the dancers, view the art at the art museum and listen to the symphony practice, but through Brad's ears and eyes, I did get a little bit of culture day.

Thanks, Brad!

P.S. And speaking of culture the Dale Chihuly glass exhibit at the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh has been extended to Feb 24. If you have any chance at all to get to Pittsburgh to see this exhibit, you will thank your lucky stars you did. It will take your breath away over and over and over as you step into each new room.

No comments: