Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Purposeful Networking

Today I presented an educational session entitled Six Steps to Purposeful Networking to the Home Builders' Association of Washtenaw County (Michigan). I love giving this presentation because it is open-ended enough that there can be lots of audience participation.

Today was the ultimate. There were so many questions and comments from the participants about shaking hands, personal body space, sending out sales letters, asking questions and scheduling appointments. This crowd really wanted to learn.

I can't remember all the names today, but thanks to Leo, Ron, Janet, Karen, Nate, Dan, John, Les, Lora and Christine Hill who invited me AND Missy Lowler, who represents the Builder's Club, who referred me to Christine. Sometimes I'm glad to be done, but today I wished I'd had more time to spend with this great group. They gave as much or more to me than I think that I was able to give to them.

When was the last time you wanted to spend more time at something?

No comments: