Thursday, December 14, 2006

Worst Job Question

Here in NW Ohio, I teach the Member Success Program for BNI. Monday night this week a new class was in attendance. They seemed kind of stiff, so I decided to handle introductions a little differently. Using a Scott Ginsberg question from his downloadable "55 Great Questions to Ask Someone Your Just Met" I used his, "What was the worst job you've ever had?" By the time the intros were done, everyone was laughing and much more relaxed. Training proceeded in a much more casual mode, both for them and for me.

Thanks, Scott, you make my life so much easier having your wisdom in it!

What ways have you used to get to know individuals in a group very quickly?

1 comment:

Sandy of Sandy's Stuff for Women said...

Tonight I threw an employee (and spouses) Christmas party at a restaurant owned by friends. Some of the people were meeting each other for the first time.

One of the men has an unusual part-time job. So I asked everyone to guess what it was. This got everybody talking and before I knew it, everybody seemed like they'd been friends a long time. BIG FUN!