Monday, April 03, 2006

Sunday Dinner

While this isn't a blog about food, I have to tell you about a great meal my husband, Steve, made last night. I knew we were going to have salmon, because before he headed out for Kroger, he asked me what I wanted for dinner. I hesitated and he came up with the answer that sounded great to me.

I had work to do in the afternoon, so at some point he announced, "Debby, dinner's ready!" Now I've got to tell you that he is the more creative one in this family when it comes to cooking. In fact he's shouldered more than his share of chef duties in the last five or six years. But let me tell you about last night. There's not going to be a picture, because the leftovers are gone. But he poached the salmon in the liquid from some fresh salsa that was also first used for something else. He diced some jarred mangoes that had been in the frig for awhile and added some of that syrup to the poaching potion. The combination was great, sort of sweet sour, but not really. I can't describe the taste other than to say delicious!


So what leftovers have you turned into a feast?

No comments: